Andrew, planet for one.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

NEW YORK SIX: ENDGAME



I made a deal with New York City. I came, and if I won I would stay and reign victorious. If I lost, I would return to my friends and family on the west coast as a man changed by the big city. You win, New York City. And you were a valiant foe.

Today I'm doing homework in MOBILE BASE BRAVO (The hallowed halls of the New York Public Library) Until about three I'll sit here licking my wounds and editing my pictures. I can't say I'll see you again, New York City, but I'll be back someday. And when I return we'll tangle again, same rules apply. I know your tricks, New York. Next time I'll be ready.

A few more great people for you to meet:


Greetings to Hope from Connecticut who could tell I was from California! I'll think of you every time I watch an episode of Seinfeld. (That's the inside of Tom's Restaurant behind us! The cheeseburger deluxe special was great. Stay away from the cole slaw though!)

Sup to Ruben Studdard who I did not meet but who was playing at the Apollo Theater when I walked by it!

Hello to the woman who gave me directions to the Dakota building (Not pictured due to rain)


Cheers to Lucy from New Zealand! In America as a nanny to the ultra-rich! You need an umbrella! (It was raining pretty hard at this point. We took this picture at the ultra-bougie Trump Towers because it was warm and dry!)

Good evening to Shira from New York and Kristie from Colorado! Hopefully you ended up getting a table that night. Good luck on your studies!


And last but not least Hello Rachel from Colorado! I thought you were a tourist too because of your backpack and headphones! I was wrong!

So as my time on the east coast and laptop battery drains away I want to say thank you to the following people who made my trip to New York truly special.

Thomas, The security guy at Ontario international, Charlotte, Most of the employees at the 5th avenue Mac store, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ana, The disenchanted ticket window girl, The Man and his 32 kids, The RZA, the GZA, Ghostface killah, Master Killah, Raekwon, Inspectah Deck, Method Man, U-God, all of ODB's 13 kids (They're all so brave), Jeffrey Dvorkin, All of the kind people at the center for masters in arts and sciences at Columbia University, Laughing/Crying man, Björn, Katharina, Robin, Scott, Barb, Tuffy, Tony the empire state building headphone tour-guide narrator, The guy at the Puma store, the remains of the person on the 78th floor of the Empire state building, Shira, Kristie, Rachel, the many New York subway performers, Donald Trump, Lucy, Dakota woman, The Russian girl I shared my umbrella with, Ruben Studdard, Hope, the guy in green who was staying on the same floor as me at the WooGo apartment complex who called me "sweety", the woman who just videotaped me with her handicam, and of course I want to thank all of the good, kind, and generous people who gave me directions the many many MANY times I got lost.

New York City - PEACE OUT and respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home